How to apply
1. Apply online at the Graduate Admissions Application Centre and attach the following documents to your online application:
- Statement of purpose (2-3 pages) indicating specific interest in the MA program and how it relates to long-term academic, personal and professional goals. Identify specific teaching and research interests.
- Proof of legal status in Canada.
- Official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- TOEFL or IELTS (language proficiency test) scores if the applicant’s first language is neither English or French.
- Scholarly writing sample.
- Curriculum vitae.
2. Three Letters of Reference
When completing your application online, you will be required to enter your referees’ names, affiliated institutions and email addresses (college/university or company email). Your referees will then receive an email inviting them to complete an electronic assessment form and attach their letter of reference. It is your responsibility to follow-up with your referees to confirm they received this email from firstname.lastname@example.org
You are strongly encouraged to submit your application before your program’s application deadline in order to give your referees sufficient time to provide their assessment and letter of reference.
3. Mail or deliver the following documents to the Department of Art Education
- Portfolio of recent work (maximum of 20 examples)
- Teaching experience or certification (letters of confirmation)
- Work or professional experience (letters of confirmation)