Courses for non-Fine Arts students
Are you a student from another Faculty who would like to expand your knowledge of the arts and other aspects of human culture? Enrol in one of the Faculty’s special topics courses primarily or exclusively for non-Fine Arts students (course names in the class schedule begin with FFAR). Recent courses included:
- Art, Science and Technology: Interactions
- Encultured Eating: Introduction to Food Studies
- The Movie Soundtrack from King Kong to No Country for Old Men
- Art Forms of Bollywood
- Informal Architecture: Unregulated Space and the Aesthetics of Resistance
- Hip Hop: Past, Present, Future
The full selection of these courses changes from year to year. None of these courses has pre-requisites, and none assumes any specialized background knowledge on the part of students.
Other courses in the following departments are also open to non-Fine Arts students:
- Contemporary Dance (DANC)
- Music (EAMT, MUSI, MHIS, MPER)
- Theatre (PROD, THEA, TPER)
Please consult the online Class Schedule for more information.
Online Art History (ARTH) courses offered through eConcordia may also be taken by non-Fine Arts students.