Student Academic Services
Tel: (514) 848-2424, ext. 3055/ 3057
Fax: (514) 514-848-8646
Undergraduate student requests and forms
The Student Request Form
We review student requests on a case by cases basis. We only make exceptions to the academic regulations under extenuating circumstances.
Student request forms are available from Student Academic Services or you can download the Student Request Form.
You must complete and sign the Student Request Forms and submit it to Student Academic Services. You must also include the following:
- Reason for request
- Current copy of your student record
- Supporting documentation that validate the request
Forms to download
The Student Request Committee
Generally, Student Academic Services respond to student requests. Those needing further consideration will be forwarded to the Student Request Committee. The Student Request Committee is comprised of:
- Three faculty members appointed by the Faculty Council
- One representative appointed by the Registrar
- One student appointed by the Faculty Council
- The Associate/Vice-Dean who shall Chair the Student Request Committee
The Committee meets on a monthly basis and decisions are made within thirty (30) working days of receiving the request. Decisions of the Committee are final and are not subject to appeal. The Student Request Committee meets once per month. All requests received are reviewed in order of receipt. Students are normally informed of the committee's decision by mail.
For the next meeting date please contact Ms. Angie De Benedictis at (514) 848-2424 Extension 3050.
All requests must be submitted within a reasonable time frame from the time the circumstance(s) arises unless otherwise the delay is due to unforeseen or extenuating circumstances. If the request is to appeal a decision made by a delegated individual at the departmental level or Student Affairs Office, it will only be considered based on new evidence(s) or serious grounds for sending an appeal.
Below are some of the items that are reviewed on a regular basis by the Committee:
- Requests for a Supplemental Exam - Such requests will only be considered if a student is a potential graduate. If the request is accepted, student must fill out the Application Form available at the Birks Centre (LB-185) and pay the required fee.
- Requests to Late Discontinue (DISC) a Course based on a Deferred Grade - The only time this request will be considered is if a student is transferring to another Faculty or has successfully completed an equivalent course and on the basis of extenuating circumstances backed by supporting document(s).
- Requests for a Late Did Not Enter (DNE) or Retrocative Discontinue (DISC) - This request will be considered based on:
- extenuating circumstances backed by documentations that clearly support the basis of the request such as medical certificate, death certificate and legal certificates (ex Divorce).
- Illness backed by a medical certificate that clearly indicates the date and the severity of the illness and how it affects your studies
In some cases the request could be forwarded to the Tuition Refund Committee.
- Requests to modify Conditions for Readmission or Conditional Standing - Under no circumstances will a request for waiving a condition of readmission be considered. In cases of potential graduates a supplemental may be considered to satisfy the condition(s).
Waivers for Conditional Standing will be considered based on a change in GPA as a result of change of grade (ex annual GPA changes from 1.77 to 1.99) or based on substitute recommended by the relevant department.