The Obligation (Iron Ring) Ceremony
The ceremony is an entirely voluntary act on your part, and your attendance will have no effect on your academic or legal status as an engineer.
As it is a solemn occasion, semi-formal attire is required. Late comers will not be admitted. You will have to wait until the next ceremony. Cameras and/or video cameras are not permitted during the ceremony.
For information on guests, please contact the Engineering and Computer Science Association (ECA).
When will the next ceremony be held?
The Obligation (Iron Ring) Ceremonies for undergraduate students take place twice a year: in March (for Spring graduates), and November (for Fall graduates). For information on registration, please contact the Engineering and Computer Science Association (ECA).
Graduate students who are interested to attend the Obligation Ceremony, you must apply to the Senior Ceremony at the Corporation of the Seven Wardens. For additional information, you may contact the corporation at 514-396-8459 or via email at email@example.com
Replace a lost ring? Change a size?
- To replace a lost ring, please schedule an appointment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please provide your obligation certificate number along with a picture I.D. when requesting a replacement ring. Also by keeping your certificate you can get a replacement ring at most Canadian universities with an Engineering Department.
- The replacement cost is $25.00. Interac and credit cards are not accepted.
- If your ring size is incorrect, there is no charge to exchange an iron ring if it is done within one (1) month of an obligation ceremony or purchase of a replacement, based on the condition that the ring has no damage (e.g. scratches). After that delay, or if damaged, you must pay $25.00 CAD for a new iron ring.
- You can also request a replacement ring through the Corporation of the Seven Wardens by filling out the order form online and the ring will then send to you by mail.