Build engines. Design robots. Control explosions. As a mechanical engineer, you will create, construct and control machines. Whether it’s a vehicle, an aircraft engine or an assembly line, mechanical engineers know how to fit that square peg into a round hole, and do it with a little finesse.
Use your knowledge of human behaviour, equipment, information and modes of communication to develop processes that work. Industrial engineers are experts in optimization who apply mathematics, engineering and psychological principles to improve productivity, safety and quality. A knack for project management can lead to a career in many different economic sectors.
Co-op and CIADI
This program, which alternates work and study terms, is available to students in:
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering
- BEng in Industrial Engineering
- BEng in Aerospace Engineering
- M. Eng in Mechanical Engineering
- M. Eng in Industrial Engineering
Concordia Institute of Aerospace Design & Innovation (CIADI)
The following students also have the opportunity to join CIADI.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Industrial Engineering
- Master of Aerospace Engineering