Research, faculty and teaching positions
Graduate and undergraduate students from Concordia's Computer Science and Software Engineering Department are invited to apply for our Teaching Assistant positions. You must be registered as a full-time or part-time student in a program at Concordia during the semester for which you are applying for TA positions. Please note that we give priority to graduate students when assigning TA positions.
Applications for TA/marker positions for the upcoming Winter 2018 semester is now closed.
If you have been selected for TA positions, you will receive an official job offer email by second week of December 2017 latest. If you are selected for marking positions, you will be notified in early January 2018.
Requirements for TA applicants
HEALTH & SAFETY WORKSHOP
All TA applicants must attend the Health & Safety training workshop. If you have already done the workshop in a previous semester, you do not need to attend it again.
You may choose to attend one of the following dates:
- Wednesday, November 22nd from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. in EV2.260
- Wednesday, December 6th from 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Registration is now open. Graduate Students are to use the below link to register:
Undergraduate students interested in registering for the workshop must send an email request to ta[at]encs.concordia.ca (they cannot register online).
In addition, all TA applicants are required to complete the COPTTA (Concordia Oral Proficiency Test for Teaching Assistants) English test. If you have already passed the test before, you do not need to re-take it. The test dates for Winter 2018 TA application are as follows:
Friday, November 10, 2017
Friday, November 17, 2017
Thursday, November 23, 2017
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
In order to register for one of the above dates, you will first need to obtain a voucher from the CSE department which will permit you to register for the test free of charge. Please send an email to ta[at]encs.concordia.ca in order to request a voucher. Make sure to include your full name, student ID and program of study in the email. We will ONLY provide vouchers to students in the Computer Science & Software Engineering department.
Only students who completed their Cegep or high-school here in Quebec in English or any other English institute in Canada are exempt from taking the COPTTA test. Please note that only applicants for tutor, lab demonstrator and programmers-on-duty positions (not marker) require completion of the Health & Safety and COPTTA.
The following are the only categories of students exempt from taking the COPTTA test:
- Marker applicants
- Students who have already passed COPTTA with a score of 4 or higher
- Students who have completed at least 4 years of education in English in a Canadian school prior to starting their Bachelor's degree (i.e English high-school or cegep). The candidate must supply proof.
Note that students who have studied in an English school outside of Canada will still need to pass the COPTTA test.
University staff opportunities
- INSTITUTE FOR CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION (ICE) CO-OP PROGRAM COORDINATOR (P2534A)
- PROCUREMENT SERVICES SENIOR BUYER, FACILITIES MANAGEMENT STRATEGIC INVESTMENT FUND (SIF) CONSTRUCTION PROJECT (C5517)
- ENROLMENT SERVICES, ADMISSIONS OFFICE ADMISSIONS OFFICER (P4122A)
- CENTRE FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (CCE) COORDINATOR, ACADEMIC AND FRENCH LANGUAGE TEST CENTRE (C4642)
- FACILITIES MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR, ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (C4643)
- DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES SENIOR ADVISOR, ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (C4564)
- INSTRUCTIONAL & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS) APPLICATION ANALYST, INTERMEDIATE (P1581A)
- ENROLMENT SERVICES STUDENT RECRUITMENT ASSISTANT (P1646)
- STUDENT ACCOUNTS & UNIVERSITY CASHIERS OFFICE (SAO) CLERK, GENERAL ACCOUNTS (P5353A)
- CONFERENCE SERVICES, HOSPITALITY CONCORDIA EVENT COORDINATOR (P4548A)