Concordia University

Job opportunities

Research, faculty and teaching positions

TA positions

Graduate and undergraduate students from Concordia's Computer Science and Software Engineering Department are invited to apply for our Teaching Assistant positions. You must be registered as a full-time or part-time student in a program at Concordia during the semester for which you are applying for TA positions. Please note that we give priority to graduate students from the Department of Computer Science & Software Engineeting when assigning TA positions.

Applications for TA/marker positions for the upcoming Summer 2018 semester is now closed. Only selected candidates will be contaced with an official job offer email (by last week of April 2018 for Summer 1 session courses).

Note: For TAs hired for second summer session courses, you will only receive confirmation and job offer email later in June 2018.  

Requirements for TA applicants


All TA applicants must attend the Health & Safety training workshop. If you have already done the workshop in a previous semester, you do not need to attend it again.  

The Health & Safety Workshop for Summer has been scheduled for April 24, 2018. Registration is currently full.

If an additional workshop date is added later, details will be posted here.

We are asking students to arrive 15 minutes prior to the workshop to give sufficient time to sign in. All workshops will begin on time. We remind students that GRADPROSKILLS is quite strict on punctuality; and if students do not show up on time or leave the workshop early, they are assumed to be absent and will be charged the non-attendance fee of $25.


In addition, all TA applicants are required to complete the COPTTA (Concordia Oral Proficiency Test for Teaching Assistants) English test. If you have already passed the test before, you do not need to re-take it.

Registration for COPTTA begins on March 1, 2018.

Test dates for April 2018:

  • Friday, April 20, 2018
  • Monday, April 30, 2018
  • Wednesday, May 2, 2018

For information on how to register for the COPTTA test, please contact ta [at]

Only students who completed their Cegep or high-school here in Quebec in English or any other English institute in Canada are exempt from taking the COPTTA test. Please note that only applicants for tutor, lab demonstrator and programmers-on-duty positions (not marker) require completion of the Health & Safety and COPTTA. 

The following are the only categories of students exempt from taking the COPTTA test:

  • Marker applicants
  • Students who have already passed COPTTA with a score of 4 or higher
  • Students who have completed at least 4 years of education in English in a Canadian school prior to starting their Bachelor's degree (i.e English high-school or cegep). The candidate must supply proof.

Note that students who have studied in an English school outside of Canada will still need to pass the COPTTA test.

University staff opportunities

Back to top

© Concordia University