Research, faculty and teaching positions
No positions to display at the moment
Graduate and undergraduate students from Concordia's Computer Science and Software Engineering Department are invited to apply for our Teaching Assistant positions. You must be registered as a full-time or part-time student in a program at Concordia during the semester for which you are applying for TA positions. Please note that we give priority to graduate students from the Department of Computer Science & Software Engineeting when assigning TA positions.
Application for Fall 2018 TA and Marker positions is now open. Please apply online:
Application Deadline: July 31 2018
If you are the selected candidate
Only selected candidates will be notified via an official "offer of employment" email around mid-to-late August 2018 latest. You will be given five days to come to reception at your department to signify your acceptance by signing the contract and the workload form. You must have a social insurance number (SIN) to sign a contract.
Requirements for TA applicants
HEALTH & SAFETY WORKSHOP
To be qualified to hold a TA position as a tutorial leader, programmer on duty, or as a laboratory demonstrator, you must attend a one-hour Health and Safety workshop offered by GRADPROSKILLS if you have not already done so in a previous semester.
We are asking students to arrive 15 minutes prior to the workshop to give sufficient time to sign in. All workshops will begin on time. We remind students that GRADPROSKILLS is quite strict on punctuality; and if students do not show up on time or leave the workshop early, they are assumed to be absent and will be charged the non-attendance fee of $25.
Returning International and Returning Canadian Students: The workshop is scheduled on Wednesday, August 15, 2018; and Wednesday, August 22, 2018, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in EV2.260. Undergraduate Students can register with the Department. Graduate Students can register using the below link. Space is limited.
Below is also the link to the registration instructions:
First-year International and First-year Canadian Students starting in Fall 2018: The workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, September 5, 2018, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in EV3.309. Registration will open on Friday, August 17, 2018, at 12:00 a.m. Note: If you signed a TA Contract before the workshop date, the contract is only valid upon completion of the workshop.
In addition, all TA applicants are required to complete the COPTTA (Concordia Oral Proficiency Test for Teaching Assistants) English test. If you have already passed the test before, you do not need to re-take it.
For information on how to register for the COPTTA test, please contact ta [at] encs [dot] concordia [dot] ca
The next COPTTA test dates are as follows:
Thursday, August 2, 2018
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Friday, August 24, 2018
Friday, August 31, 2018
Only students who completed their Cegep or high-school here in Quebec in English or any other English institute in Canada are exempt from taking the COPTTA test. Please note that only applicants for tutor, lab demonstrator and programmers-on-duty positions (not marker) require completion of the Health & Safety and COPTTA.
The following are the only categories of students exempt from taking the COPTTA test:
- Marker applicants
- Students who have already passed COPTTA with a score of 4 or higher
- Students who have completed at least 4 years of education in English in a Canadian school prior to starting their Bachelor's degree (i.e English high-school or cegep). The candidate must supply proof.
Note that students who have studied in an English school outside of Canada will still need to pass the COPTTA test.
University staff opportunities
- OFFICE OF THE TREASURER DIRECTOR, CAPITAL AND FINANCING (C4613)
- DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES EMPLOYEE RELATIONS MANAGER (C4441A)
- IITS INTERMEDIATE DESKTOP TECHNOLOGIES ANALYST (P4174B)
- FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNICIAN, BUILDING, CIVIL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING (P1779)
- IITS IT OPERATIONS ANALYST (P1851)
- OFFICE OF THE DEAN, FACULTY ARTS & SCIENCE COORDINATOR, GRADUATE RECRUITMENT, ADMISSIONS, RETENTION (P5431A)
- IITS TECHNICIAN SERVICE CENTRE (P4357)
- CONCORDIA STORES ASSISTANT, BUSINESS OPERATIONS (P5836)
- SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES COORDINATOR, ACADEMIC PROGRAMS AND DEVELOPMENT (C1862)
- STUDENT SUCCESS CENTRE SERVICE ASSISTANT (P3804B)