Research, faculty and teaching positions
Graduate and undergraduate students from Concordia's Computer Science and Software Engineering Department are invited to apply for our Teaching Assistant positions. You must be registered as a full-time or part-time student in a program at Concordia during the semester for which you are applying for TA positions. Please note that we give priority to graduate students from the Department of Computer Science & Software Engineeting when assigning TA positions.
Applications for TA/marker positions for the upcoming Summer 2018 semester will only open in late March 2018. Further details will be posted here at that time.
Requirements for TA applicants
HEALTH & SAFETY WORKSHOP
All TA applicants must attend the Health & Safety training workshop. If you have already done the workshop in a previous semester, you do not need to attend it again.
Registration for workshop held on April 24 will begin on February 19, 2018.
In addition, all TA applicants are required to complete the COPTTA (Concordia Oral Proficiency Test for Teaching Assistants) English test. If you have already passed the test before, you do not need to re-take it.
Upcoming test dates and registration info will be posted here in late March 2018. Testing will likely take place during April.
Only students who completed their Cegep or high-school here in Quebec in English or any other English institute in Canada are exempt from taking the COPTTA test. Please note that only applicants for tutor, lab demonstrator and programmers-on-duty positions (not marker) require completion of the Health & Safety and COPTTA.
The following are the only categories of students exempt from taking the COPTTA test:
- Marker applicants
- Students who have already passed COPTTA with a score of 4 or higher
- Students who have completed at least 4 years of education in English in a Canadian school prior to starting their Bachelor's degree (i.e English high-school or cegep). The candidate must supply proof.
Note that students who have studied in an English school outside of Canada will still need to pass the COPTTA test.
University staff opportunities
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT- FACILITIES MANAGEMENT CONSTRUCTION COORDINATOR (C5522/C5523)
- UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES SYSTEMS ANALYST (P4637A)
- PROCUREMENT SERVICES SENIOR BUYER, IT (P4577)
- INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS) EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGIES SPECIALIST/CONSULTANT (P1906)
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT FACILITIES MANAGEMENT PROJECT MANAGER (C4626)
- LIBRARY COLLECTION SERVICES SENIOR ELECTRONIC RESOURCES ASSISTANT (P3021)
- RECREATION & ATHLETICS MULTIMEDIA COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR (C1831)
- INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS) TECHNICIAN (C1835)
- I.I.T.S. APPLICATION ADMINISTRATOR, INTERMEDIATE (P1905)
- DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES PAYROLL ASSISTANT (P5242B)