Research, faculty and teaching positions
Tenure-track position in Smart Grid Security, Control Systems Security, Cyber-Physical Systems, Security and Critical Infrastructure Protection (Concordia Institute for Information Systems Engineering)
Part-time teaching positions
- Visit the Human Resources website to view part-time positions currently open for the Summer 2016 term. The deadline to apply is February 15, 2016.
Graduate and undergraduate students from Concordia's Computer Science and Software Engineering Department are invited to apply for our Teaching Assistant positions. You must be registered as a full-time or part-time student in a program at Concordia during the semester for which you are applying for TA positions. Please note that we give priority to graduate students when assigning TA positions.
Applications for TA/marker positions for the upcoming Fall 2017 semester is now open.
How to apply
You can apply for work assignments using the online TA Application System at:
Please select work assignments that are of interest to you and that are scheduled at times when you are available. Note that you MUST be available to start work as of first week of classes in September 2017.
The deadline for application is Wednesday, July 26, 2017.
If you are selected for a TA position, you will receive an official job offer email by early to mid-August 2017 at latest. if you are selected for a marking position, you will only be notified in early September 2017.
Requirements for TA applicants
HEALTH & SAFETY WORKSHOP
All TA applicants must attend the Health & Safety training workshop. If you have already done the workshop in a previous semester, you do not need to attend it again.
Returning International and Returning Canadian Students: The workshop is scheduled on Wednesday, August 2, 2017, and Wednesday, August 16, 2017, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in EV003.309. Undergraduate Students can register with the Department. Graduate Students can register as soon as possible for the workshops using the below link. Space is limited.
Below is also the link to the registration instructions:
First-year International and First-year Canadian Students starting in Fall 2017: The workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, September 6, 2017, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in EV003.309. Note: If you signed a TA Contract before the workshop date, the contract is only valid upon completion of the workshop. Registration will open on Tuesday, August 15, 2017.
Note that we are asking students to arrive early for all the workshops at 1:45 p.m. to give sufficient time to sign in. The workshop will begin promptly at 2:00 p.m. We remind students that GRADPROSKILLS is quite strict on punctuality; and if students do not show up on time, they are assumed to be absent and will be charged the non-attendance fee of $25.
In addition, all TA applicants are required to complete the COPTTA (Concordia Oral Proficiency Test for Teaching Assistants) English test. If you have already passed the test before, you do not need to re-take it. The test will be offered on the following dates:
Thursday, August 3, 2017
Monday, August 14, 2017
Friday, August 25, 2017
Friday, September 1, 2017
To register for the test, please first email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name, student ID, and program of study. You will be provided with a voucher which you will need to take directly to the COPTTA office to register for a test date and time that suits you.
Only students who completed their Cegep or high-school here in Quebec in English or any other English institute in Canada are exempt from taking the COPTTA test. Please note that only applicants for tutor, lab demonstrator and programmers-on-duty positions (not marker) require completion of the Health & Safety and COPTTA.
The following are the only categories of students exempt from taking the COPTTA test:
- Marker applicants
- Students who have already passed COPTTA with a score of 4 or higher
- Students who have completed at least 4 years of education in English in a Canadian school prior to starting their Bachelor's degree (i.e English high-school or cegep). The candidate must supply proof.
Note that students who have studied in an English school outside of Canada will still need to pass the COPTTA test.
NOTE: You DO NOT need to wait to complete the COPTTA and Health & Safety training workshop before applying online for TA positions. We suggest you apply for TA positions as soon as application opens. You will then complete coptta and training later in August.
University staff opportunities
- SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR, GRADUATE AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS (P5792)
- OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT WRITER (P1881)
- I.I.T.S., DATABASE ADMINISTRATION DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR, SENIOR (P1762)
- ENROLMENT SERVICES, BIRKS STUDENT SERVICE CENTRE SERVICE ASSISTANT (P4524)
- ADVANCEMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS GRAPHIC DESIGNER AND MULTIMEDIA PRODUCER (C1720)
- GEOGRAPHY, PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT SERVICE ASSISTANT (P1804)
- STUDENT RECRUITMENT SERVICES INTERNATIONAL STUDENT RECRUITMENT OFFICER (C1814)
- ENROLMENT SERVICES MANAGER, ENROLMENT SERVICES EVENTS AND OFFICE SUPPORT (P1876)
- PROCUREMENT SERVICES BUYER (P4930)
- ADVANCEMENT AND ALUMNI RELATIONS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE, ANNUAL GIVING (P1879)