How to apply
Are you looking to enhance your education with real industry-driven experience?
At the Concordia Institute of Aerospace Design and Innovation (CIADI), top students are selected to work in a stimulating and challenging engineering environment supervised by industry engineers and university professors. Through industry-driven research projects, the institute provides "an initiation to research" for students who may want to pursue graduate studies in aerospace. The institute is an excellent learning opportunity for undergraduate students to get to know the aerospace industry through organized visits and tours to its industrial partners.
Eligibility & procedure for applying
In order to apply to our institute, you must be registered in one of the following Faculty of Engineering & Computer Science programs:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Master of Engineering (Aerospace)
Students from JMSB are also being accepted by request of the company. This is done on a case by case basis.
Our institute has projects from areas related to Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering and Computer Engineering.
- We will start accepting applications starting August 28, 2017 (do not submit before). This will be for internships starting May 2018.
- You must have a minimum of 60 credits completed by May 2018.
- All applicants must have a grade of 2.7 or higher for their previous term and for their CGPA at all times.
In order to obtain an internship with CIADI you must be registered as a student in your program for the terms that you are working. (i.e. if your internship starts in December and finishes in April, you will need to be registered as a student for the fall term and winter term.)
If you meet these requirements and would like to apply please fill out the CIADI CV Template.
Send the CV as a word document (.doc or .docx) to Jayne Claassen at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will recieve a notice of receipt and if you meet the requirements you will be emailed to attend an interview with the Director of Education, CIADI. Interviews will start around mid-September and finish around end of October. Shortly within a few days after your interview you will receive an email stating if you have been accepted to CIADI. If you have been accepted you will be considered a CIADI candidate and only once you have been chosen for an internship will you become a CIADI Member. More instructions will be given when the industries begins their interviews.
For International Students:
When submitting your application you must also include a copy of your study permit and work permit if applicable.
International students are eligible to work full-time (40 hours per week) during the summer however you are not permitted to take any courses during that time. In fall and winter you are only permitted to work 20 hours/week.
Please check with the lConcordia International Student Office for more information on this.
Note: Deadine to submit application: September 30, 2017.
You can apply to CIADI in order to fullfil your degree requirements (ENGR 7961 Industrial Stage and Training (6 credits)). Applying to CIADI does not guarantee you an internship however it will give you more opportunities in obtaining an internship.
Students who have already done their Industrial Stage and Training are not eligible to apply to CIADI. A student is only permitted to have one stage through CIADI.
In order to submit your application to CIADI, you must:
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Be registered full-time in the aerospace program.
- Have at least sixteen (16) credits completed in the M.Eng. Aerospace program at the time of submitting your application. (Previous CIADI members need to have at least eight (8) credits completed in the M.Eng. Aerospace program program at the time of submitting your application).
- Have a valid co-op work permit or proof of application for a co-op work permit.
For more information please go to M.Eng. Aerospace program.
If you meet all these requirements and would like to apply you must fill out the CIADI CV Template.
You must also fill out one of the two the Acknowledgment form.
- Download Acknowledgment Form for International Students (see below for more information)
- Download Acknowledgment Form for Canadian/Permanent Residents
Applications to CIADI are accepted year round however internships are posted only 3 times a year (January for summer, May or June for fall and October for winter)
Send your CIADI CV application as a word document (.doc or .docx), along with your acknowledgement form, study and co-op work permits, etc.) to Jayne Claassen at email@example.com
Note: to have your internship to be counted towards your program you must be registered full-time. For more information on your program, please contact Leslie Hosein, Graduate Program Coordinator, Aerospace Engineering (MEng).Concordia International Students Office
Special instructions for international students
- In order to work 40 hours per week during the summer, fall or winter you must apply for a co-op work permit. You can only apply for a co-op work permit if the internship is a required part of your academic program. You will need to contact Leslie Hosein, Graduate Program Coordinator, Aerospace Engineering (MEng) to obtain a letter in order to apply for this permit. Since the process is very long (it could take up to 3 months or more) you should apply for your co-op work permit at the time of submitting your application.
- Note: Only one internship is allowed for credits in the M.Eng. (Aerospace) program and only one letter by the graduate program director will be issued for co-op work permit unless the internship application is not successful.
Should you require more information regarding your status as an international student please contact the Concordia International Students Office.