Internship, salary & transcripts
Congratulations on obtaining an internship and becoming a full CIADI Member.
The summer internship starts with a kick-off meeting held early in May. This meeting consists of an overview of the participating industries. Short courses will also be given by Pratt & Whitney Canada, Bell Helicopter Textron, Bombardier Aerospace and Rolls-Royce Canada.
During the summer CIADI will arrange for plant tours to Bell Helicopter Textron, Bombardier Aerospace and Siemens Canada Limited.
There will be two progress report meetings held at CIADI for students with summer projects, (one in July for students and one in November). Students who started an internship in the fall must attend the fall meeting. At this meeting you will present a 1-2 page progress sheet on your project (max. length 2 minutes). The template for the progress sheets will be emailed to you about 2 weeks before the event. If for some eligible reason you are unable to attend, you must still submit your slides.
Your attendance at these meetings are a mandatory portion of your membership to CIADI. For those of you who are doing an internship during this time you can deduct 2 hours from your contract.
Most of you will receive contracts of 500 hours or more with possible extensions at the end of your contract.
Salaries are non-negotiable and are as follows:
- Students with 59 credits or less will receive $17.00/hour
- Students with 60 credits to completion will receive $20.00/hour
- Students in Master of Aerospace Engineering will receive $22.00/hour
You should keep track of your hours completed with your supervisor. Note that since you have signed a contract for a specific amount of hours, statutory holidays are not counted towards your hours.
Please read CIADI Regulations for more important information.
First you must contact Concordia Human Resources at 514-848-2424, ext. 3666 to get your employee ID number. You can get this number after you have received your first payment. Please note, the pay statement is not available via your student netname on the Student Portal.
Step 1: Create your employee access to the portal - select "Activate your netname" below the "Log in" button on the MyConcordia Portal.
Step 2: Enter the necessary information, then select "Submit Request".
Step 3: Create your password. Your new employee netname and password do not replace your current student access nor are they connected.
Step 4: Log in to the portal with your new employee netname and password, then follow the three steps for staff and faculty above.
From MyConcordia Portal. You will access your pay stub using your netname and password to log in to the portal, then:
- Make sure you are on the "My Front Page" tab, and choose "Employee Self Service" under the "My Concordia Menu"
- Select "MyHR Profile"
- Under the "empath menu" choose "my empath" > earnings > pay stubs and click to see the details of the pay stub.
For any questions regarding your pay, contact the Payroll Department of Concordia HR.
- Click on the box labelled "HR Shared Services (Payroll, HR Information Systems & Data Management)"
- Under "Payroll contacts," chose the person responsible based on your last name.
- September 16, 2016: Reports due (Final Report, Exec. Summary Sheet, Evaluation Sheet)
- September 2016 (date TBA): Final Progress Meeting
- July 2016: First Progress Meeting - Cancelled
- May 4, 2016: MAI Summer 2016 Orientation - Ecole Polytechnique
- May 3, 2016: MAI Start date for Summer Contracts
- May 4, 2016: Topic Introduction to Industrial Gas Turbine Design (Seimens Canada Ltd.)
- May 4, 2016: Topic Introduction to Aircraft Conceptual Design (Bombardier Aerospace)
- May 4, 2016: Topic Introduction to Propulsion (P & WC)
- May 4, 2016: Topic Rotorcraft Systems Design & Integration (Bell Helicopter Textron)
- Jan. ??, 2016: Interview Workshop
- Jan. 9, 10 and 16, 2016: CATIA Course:
- Jan. 8, 15, 22, 29, 2016: FLUENT Course:
Visits to industry
- Bombardier Aerospace - Cancelled for 2016
- Siemens Canada Limited - TBA
- Bell Helicopter Textron - Cancelled for 2016