Internship, salary & transcripts
Congratulations on obtaining an internship and becoming a full CIADI Member.
The summer internship starts with a kick-off meeting held early in May. This meeting consists of an overview of the participating industries. Short courses will also be given by Pratt & Whitney Canada, Bell Helicopter Textron, Bombardier Aerospace and Rolls-Royce Canada.
During the summer CIADI will arrange for plant tours to Bell Helicopter Textron, Bombardier Aerospace and Rolls-Royce Canada.
There will be two progress report meetings held at CIADI for students with summer projects, (one in July and one in September). This is a half day event where you will present a 1-2 page progress sheet of your project (max. length 2 minutes). The template for the progress sheets will be emailed to you about 2 weeks before the event. If for some eligible reason you are unable to attend, you must still submit your slides.
You must attend these events as they are a mandatory portion of your membership to CIADI. The hours for the above event will count towards your contract hours.
Most of you will receive contracts of 500 hours or more with possible extensions at the end of your contract.
Salaries are non-negotiable and are as follows:
- Students with 90 credits to completion will receive $20.00/hour
- Students in Master of Aerospace Engineering will receive $22.00/hour
You should keep track of your hours completed with your supervisor. Note that since you have signed a contract for a specific amount of hours, statutory holidays are not counted towards your hours.
Please read CIADI Regulations for more important information.
First you must contact Concordia Human Resources at 514-848-2424, ext. 3666 to get your employee ID number. You can get this number after you have received your first payment.
All paystubs are available on the MyConcordia Portal. You can access your pay stub using your netname and password to log in to the portal, then:
- Make sure you are on the "My Front Page" tab, and choose "Employee Self Service" under the "My Concordia Menu"
- Select "MyHR Profile"
- Under the "empath menu" choose "my empath" > earnings > pay stubs and click to see the details of the pay stub.
For any questions regarding your pay, contact the Payroll Department of Concordia HR.
- Click on the box labelled "HR Shared Services (Payroll, HR Information Systems & Data Management)"
- Under "Payroll contacts," chose the person responsible based on your last name.