Student jobs at the IITS Service Desk
The IITS Service Desk is recruiting current Concordia students for part time work.
Application deadline: July 14, 2017
Number of vacancies: 3
Position: Casual, part time.
Note: Applicants must be flexible to work weekdays between 7:30 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
Reporting to the IITS Service Desk Manager, the incumbent delivers first level user support services to address the specific requirements of the Concordia student and academic community.
- Receive calls, e-mails, and walk-in support requests. Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents and technical problems. Escalate to defined second level groups if necessary.
- Record and track all incidents and requests. Manage the request life-cycle, closing incidents and notifying customers.
- Provide wireless configuration support.
- Oversee IITS computer lab facilities, escalate service requests as needed.
- Current Concordia University student.
- Familiarity with Concordia's IT Services.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English in order to ask questions to gather information and be able to respond with sensitivity; basic French to respond to and redirect clients as required.
- Strong customer-service focus with previous customer service experience.
- Ability to decipher and troubleshoot various technical support requests.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment under pressure.
- Ability to work alone or in a team setting.
- Must be comfortable working with Windows and Macintosh platforms and experience with MS Office and e-mail software such as Outlook.
Entry: $12.00/hr. (3 month probation period)
To apply, submit a cover letter, résumé, and class schedule by July 14, 2017 to:
Kathryn McDonell, Manager - Service Desk
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please refrain from contacting the department to inquire on the status of your application.
Find an expert
Search for an expert to comment on any topic
Enter a phrase or keyword