CAEI Call for Volunteers
From October 10 to 13, 2017, the 5th Conference of the Americas on International Education (CAIE) will take place in Montreal. More than 600 delegates from Quebec, Canada and beyond are expected at the Palais des congrès to dialogue and exchange on topics related to internationalization and higher education. Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), Concordia University, McGill University, Université de Montréal and École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS) are jointly hosting this international event, in partnership with the Inter-American Organization for Higher Education (IOHE).
The organizing committee of CAIE 2017 is now looking for 75 volunteers for a range of tasks that will contribute directly to the success of this important event. Interested individuals who can be on-site for periods of 4 to 6 hours during the week of the conference are encouraged to apply.
SOUGHT-AFTER PROFILES Volunteers should be committed, professional and welcoming individuals who will be asked to work in one or more of the following areas:
- Reception and Registration: General reception, registration, materials handling, crowd management and orientation.
- Room, Activity and Exhibitor Coordination: Orientation, supervision of rooms, assistance with the activities, kiosk staffing, personalized welcome to special guests and at special events.
- Food Service: assistance with food service delivery and events featuring food service.
- Logistics: Support to the organizing committee, field logistics, signage and posting.
VENUE Palais des congrès de Montréal (Métro Place-d’Armes)
TIME COMMITMENT From October 10 to 13, volunteers must be available for at least two blocks of 4 to 6 hours. In addition, volunteers will be expected to attend one of two 90-minute orientation sessions in early October (exact time and location TBD).
BENEFITS and ADVANTAGES Volunteering at CAIE 2017 allows you to:
- Attend workshops, panels, and other conference activities when not working as a volunteer
- Gain work experience at a high-level international event
- Deepen your knowledge in the fields of higher education and international relations
- Create a network of international contacts
- Participate in the dialogue on public policy, education management and cross-sectoral collaborations
- Enjoy a lunch and coffee break service, depending on your work schedule
- Access the volunteer lounge ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: To join our team of volunteers, you must be:
- At least 18 years old;
- A student or an employee at one of the following institutions: UQAM, Concordia University, McGill University, Université de Montréal or ÉTS
- Fluent in French and English; knowledge of Spanish and / or Portuguese an asset
- Outgoing and resourceful
- Interested in academia and international relations
- Respectful of the conference regulations and organizers
- Punctual and committed
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION NOW! Access the online application form here. APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE September 15, 2017, 4 pm.
QUESTIONS Please contact via email: BROWN.FRANCIS@UQAM.CA.