JMSB sets out to honour visionary Quebec business leaders
Do you know a pioneering business leader worthy of recognition?
Concordia’s John Molson School of Business (JMSB), in partnership with Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton, is launching the Person of the Year Awards to celebrate innovative Quebec business leaders who dare to do things differently.
“Leveraging the strength of our two organizations’ networks, this contest creates real opportunities for collaboration between academia and industry,” says Anne-Marie Croteau, dean of JMSB.
“While JMSB is redefining next-generation business education, this collaboration is of critical importance because it provides students with the opportunity to meet established professionals face-to-face.”
There will be four award categories:
- Eclipse: Somebody who is heading a growing and innovative company that exceeds the competition, and transforming their industry through the provision of services and products, process improvements or the creation of new business models
- Glocal: An individual who has created local jobs and contributed to the advancement of a Quebec-based company at the international level
- Instinct: A team responsible for an innovative and complex transaction that ensures the development and growth of a local leading-edge business
- Person of the Year: A leader who embodies the vision of Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton and JMSB
The selection committee, composed of three JMSB representatives and three prominent members of the business community, will evaluate nominees based on:
- Innovation and vision
- Financial performance
- The scope of their accomplishments
- Their involvement in the community and mentoring activities
The contest is open to influential people, regardless of where they live in Quebec, from all sectors and types of organizations. The nomination period began on September 26 and runs until December 20.
The winners will be announced at a gala event on May 9 in Montreal.
Do you know an innovative Quebec business leader? Nominate them today!