From shuttle bus schedules to student tips — it’s the new Concordia app!
This fall, students have a new tool at their disposal to access timely and useful information. The Concordia app, designed to enhance your university experience, is now available for download.
Get your schedule and grades instantly, consult campus maps, track the shuttle bus to plan your trips between campuses, connect with the library, and figure out what to eat and where. And that’s just the start.
“We’re putting all the essential information at our students’ fingertips,” says Sami Antaki, executive director at University Communications Services.
“We want to enhance the student experience at Concordia — and this version of the app is only phase one. Our team is actively listening to feedback to make sure that we find the best ways to provide them with timely, and even personalized, information. So look for that part in one of the next phases…”
The refining process
Almost 200 students tested the app during orientation. The exercise provided its developers with important feedback that was then integrated into the latest version you can now download.
User feedback regarding functionality will be key to ensuring the app continues to meet the needs of the student community, as will suggestions on future components.
Here are some features you will find on the Concordia app:
- My Account: Consult your class schedules, cancellations and grades.
- Maps: Access detailed maps of the Loyola and Sir George Williams campuses.
- Shuttle bus: Plan your trip between campuses with shuttle bus schedules and the live tracker.
- Safety: Get the information you need to stay safe on campus.
- Directories: Access faculty and staff contact information.
- Library services: Search the library database, book a study room, access e-journals and more.
- Athletics and recreation: Find all the info you need on the Stingers and staying fit at Concordia.
- Admissions: Get the information you need to become a Concordia student.
- Important dates: Stay in the loop with important academic-related dates as well as holiday schedules.
- Stores: Connect with the Book Stop, Book Stop Boutique, Print Store and Art Supply Store.
- Food: Find out where to eat in and around campus.
- Tips: Get advice on how to succeed academically, stay healthy and find awesome things to do off and on campus.
- Latest news and events: Stay informed. This feature includes a Concordia-related Read of the Day and Event of the Day.
- Alerts: Get notifications on anything important going down on campus.
Your feedback is very important to us. Fill out this online survey so we can continually improve the Concordia app.
13 essential tips for exam success
‘Our standing in the world has once again been acknowledged’
The Concordian who measures the impact of dams
Pet therapy dogs: a calming canine caravan comes to Concordia
NEW RESEARCH: Rainforest protection and cultural safety in Borneo
Find an expert
Search for an expert to comment on any topic
Enter a phrase or keyword