Second call seeking nominations: Administrative and Support Staff Tribunal Pool
Now’s your opportunity to get involved. The Electoral College has convened to nominate one member of Concordia’s administrative and support staff to join the Administrative and Support Staff Tribunal Pool.
The term of this appointment will end on August 31, 2019.
About the tribunal
Members of the Administrative and Support Staff Tribunal Pool are called upon to hear complaints filed under the Code of Rights and Responsibilities.
Eligibility and procedure
The candidates, nominators and all endorsers must be:
- Members of the administrative and support staff *
- Permanent employees
- Full-time or part-time employees
* Administrative and support staff members from the Offices of the Vice-president, Development and External Relations, and Secretary-General, General Counsel, Student Tribunals, Ombuds and, Rights and Responsibilities are not eligible to become candidates, but can nominate or endorse a candidate.
Candidates must submit:
- The nomination form
- A pen sketch form that includes information about why they are interested in serving on the Administrative and Support Staff Tribunal Pool
The nomination form must be:
- Signed by the candidate
- Signed by the nominator
- Endorsed by five additional administrative and support staff members (see above)
Submit nominations and pen sketch forms to the attention of Carolina Willsher by email at email@example.com, by internal mail to FB-1130 or by fax to 514-848-2424, ext. 2844, no later than noon on Thursday, August 24, 2017.
If the Electoral College requires more information from the candidate, an interview will be scheduled to take place during its meeting on Tuesday, August 29, 2017, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Room MB-14.250 in the John Molson Building.
Once the Electoral College nominates the representatives, the candidates’ names will be submitted to the secretary of the Board of Governors. Membership of the committee will be presented for approval at the upcoming October 2017 meeting of the Board of Governors.
A notice will subsequently be sent to the community to announce the names of the administrative and support staff representatives.
For further details, please contact Marie-Ghislaine Jolicoeur by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 514-848-2424, ext. 3676.
You can also learn about the mandate and composition of the Administrative and Support Staff Tribunal Pool by reading the information on the relevant Concordia web pages: