Message from the president
The Government of Canada’s major new spending on university infrastructure in Budget 2016 are investments in Canadians’ future in this global knowledge economy.
Targeted investment areas in this budget that coincide with Concordia’s long-held priorities include:
- Funding for new research spaces
- Bolstering the granting councils that fund Canada’s most promising research
- Growing and benchmarking entrepreneurial incubators and accelerators
- Investing in innovative green technologies
- Increasing support for the Canada Student Loans Program that broadens access for students from low- and middle-income families
- A broad range of new support for youth employment, including internships, apprenticeships and co-op placements, so crucial in helping students transition into the workforce
As in this federal budget, the Government of Quebec’s budget tabled March 17 also announced reinvestments in higher education. After a series of lean years for our sector, I applaud this realignment of priorities.
I look forward to continuing Concordia’s work with communities across Montreal, Quebec, Canada and abroad to make the world a better place.
‘We’re nurturing the next generation of leaders’
Anne-Marie Croteau is named dean of JMSB
Too many blood tests? This Concordia researcher only needs a few drops
Exhibit A: 100 curators, scholars and artists assemble on campus
The solution to safer, stronger cities? Walkability!
Find an expert
Search for an expert to comment on any topic
Enter a phrase or keyword