Message from the president
The Government of Canada’s major new spending on university infrastructure in Budget 2016 are investments in Canadians’ future in this global knowledge economy.
Targeted investment areas in this budget that coincide with Concordia’s long-held priorities include:
- Funding for new research spaces
- Bolstering the granting councils that fund Canada’s most promising research
- Growing and benchmarking entrepreneurial incubators and accelerators
- Investing in innovative green technologies
- Increasing support for the Canada Student Loans Program that broadens access for students from low- and middle-income families
- A broad range of new support for youth employment, including internships, apprenticeships and co-op placements, so crucial in helping students transition into the workforce
As in this federal budget, the Government of Quebec’s budget tabled March 17 also announced reinvestments in higher education. After a series of lean years for our sector, I applaud this realignment of priorities.
I look forward to continuing Concordia’s work with communities across Montreal, Quebec, Canada and abroad to make the world a better place.
Science + tech + innovation + design = TEDxConcordia
How sweet it is! Concordia expands its support for ethical food production
Learn how to study like a pro
‘What we do here is relevant to Quebec’
Peter Behrens is Concordia’s new Richler writer-in-residence
Find an expert
Search for an expert to comment on any topic
Enter a phrase or keyword