ENCS Teaching Excellence Awards
The ENCS Award for Teaching Excellence is given to motivate, recognize and reward excellence in teaching in the following categories:
- Sustained excellence in teaching
- Leadership and innovation in teaching
- Excellence in teaching by a Junior Faculty Member
- Excellence in teaching tutorials
- Excellence in laboratory instruction
Nominations are due by Friday, March 10, 2017
Nomination form for faculty members (tenured, ETA, LTA and part-time).
Nomination form for teaching assistants.
- Tenured faculty members, ETAs and LTAs who have taught at least 10 course sections in the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science in the last five years are eligible in the categories of sustained excellence; and leadership and innovation.
- Tenure-track faculty members, ETAS in their first contract, and LTAs, who have taught at least 7 course sections are eligible in the Junior category.
- Part-time faculty members who have 24 seniority credits or more are eligible in the category of excellence in teaching.
- Teaching Assistants who have taught at least 4 tutorial sections or lab sections in different courses in the past two years.
- Nominations can be made by students or by full-time or part-time faculty members.
- Nomination forms are available in each of the departments and from Student Academic Services in EV-2.125. The completed form plus the supporting letters are to be returned to the Dean’s Office, EV-2.139.