Opportunity for a Postdoctoral Position
2 Year Postdoctoral Fellowship
Project title: Understanding the structuring effect of societal factors on immigrants’ participation in Quebec: An investigation in 24 localities
Dr. Antoine Bilodeau and Dr. Mireille Paquet are seeking one (1) postdoctoral fellow to contribute to a new project on the social, political, cultural and economic participation of immigrants and minorities in Quebec. Quantitative in nature, the project will focus on local scales and seek to test a model on the contextual determinants of immigrant participation. The project is developed in participation with the Quebec Department of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion (MIDI).
The ideal candidate will hold a PhD in social sciences (political science, sociology, anthropology, geography, etc.) with expertise on immigration, ethnic relations or attitudes toward ethnocultural diversity and strong skills in quantitative analyses (specifically multi-level analyses).
Canadian and international applicants are equally welcome
Knowledge of French is an asset.
Details of the appointment
Annual salary of $47,500 per year for two years ($116,000, including benefits, over 24 months).
The appointed fellow will work within a research team composed of Dr. Antoine Bilodeau, Dr. Mireille Paquet, Dr. Chedly Belkhodja, Dr. Daniel Salée and Dr. Luc Turgeon. The fellow will also be integrated to Concordia’s Centre for Immigration Policy Evaluation and contribute to its research and training activities.
The fellow is expected to start its position by July 1, 2018.
- Applicants must not currently hold a postdoctoral appointment at Concordia
- Priority will be given to postdoctoral fellows who have obtained their PhD from another university although in exceptional cases Concordia graduates may be considered
- Applicants must adhere to the postdoctoral fellow eligibility criteria outlined in Concordia University’s Postdoctoral Policy
Timeline and application process
|Application deadline:||open until the position is filled but no later than April 1, 2018
|Fellowship start date:||no later than July 1, 2018
|Submission process:||all documents must be submitted to Cynthia Raso
Please include the reference number with your application
- One to three (1-3) page research statement demonstrating fit with the program described above.
- Current curriculum vitae demonstrating research excellence and a capacity for leadership in the domain (maximum 5 pages).
- Two letters of reference from academic supervisors or current employers to be sent via e-mail directly to Cynthia Raso
Concordia University is a vibrant research and teaching environment, with state-of-the-art research facilities and many research centers. Concordia is located in Montreal, Canada, a diverse and creative city, often ranked as offering one of the best quality of living experiences in North America.