LinkedIn Profile Picture Photo Shoot
Did you know that your linkedin profile is more likely to be viewed if you have a professional picture? A professional headshot is key to making a great impression with potential employers and anyone vieweing your profile. So why not get your picture taken by one of Concordia University's professional photographers? It's free!
Some tips to keep in mind:
- Dress professionally - you want to look like yourself on your best day!
- Be well groomed - make sure your hair looks great and that you are using excellent hygiene.
- Smile - this always helps to create a positive impression and attract more people to you.
- Get in a positive frame of mind - be enthusiastic and confident.
- Relax and have fun! Follow any instructions given by the photographer so the result is a great headshot.
You will be contacted prior to the event with a specific time slot and the event location. If you can't attend, please cancel you attendance so that your spot can be given to another student.
Guidelines for clothing and styles:
- Solid color clothing with similar tones is recommended. This should include classic, timeless clothing that doesn't date the portrait.
- Clothing should appropriately represent the subject's natural personality and status.
- Pastels or whites are welcomed. Avoid bold, distracting patterns or contrasting light tops (houndstooth pattern and contrasting stripes in particular).
- Avoid logos, writing or graphics on clothing.
- If the subject wears glasses on a regular basis they should be worn, however we often take shots both with and without as options. (If possible, non-glare coated lenses should be worn to avoid reflections.)
Links for some ideas on how to dress for a photoshoot:
Please note that the final photo selection is left to the discretion of University Communication Services (UCS) who will be conducting the LinkedIn Photoshoot. UCS will select the best photo that you have taken. Should you be unsatisfied with your chosen photo, feel free to attend a future session as we do not have control over the photo selection.
Can't make it on January 15? Check out these other dates: