Free rapid HIV testing - Loyola!
In an ongoing effort to make STI testing more accessible and convenient, Concordia Health Services and the Concordia Student Union are offering a THREE-DAY Rapid-HIV pop-up testing event!
Come by the Concordia Student Union (CSU) H-711 on Tuesday and Wednesday, or the Loyola Hive – 2nd floor of the Student Centre building, on Thursday, from 12 -4.
Testing is confidential and the whole process takes 20 minutes.
Here’s how it works:
- Fill out a health questionnaire
- Meet with a nurse from Health Services to review the form and ask any questions you might have
- The nurse will prick your finger with a small needle to collect a few drops of blood
- Get your results in about a minute
- Have a post-test discussion with the nurse
Why get tested?
- HIV does not go away on its own and left untreated can have serious repercussions on your health.
- HIV is not curable but very, very treatable.
- If you do test positive you can get connected to the health professionals who will provide you with the treatment you need as soon as possible to live a long and healthy life.
- You may be passing on HIV to others without knowing
STI testing, including HIV testing, is recommended every six to twelve months for anyone who is sexual active, and should be incorporated into your regular health routine. Think of it as a regular check-up at the dentist or optometrist.
For more information about HIV, check out CATIE's HIV Basics website.