Urban Biodiversity Conference- Cities: Partnerships in Biodiversity
The Urban Biodiversity Conference will bring together local and international stakeholders united by their commitment to urban sustainability; these include policy-makers, researchers, civil society organizations, and urban planners. In addition to showcasing the Centre’s research talent, the conference will also celebrate local and international achievements in biodiversity conservation, the role of civil society, and feature keynote speaker, Holly Dressel.
To launch the Loyola Sustainability Research Centre’s contributions to the fields of sustainability and biodiversity conservation, we are coordinating a full-day Urban Biodiversity Conference on March 7, 2014 in Montreal. This conference, organized in partnership between the Research Centre, the UN Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) and the Quebec Centre for Biodiversity Centre (QCBS), and endorsed by ICLEI- Local Governments for Sustainability, will showcase both local and international urban achievements in biodiversity. We will be joined by the Executive Secretary and staff of the CBD, and are inviting international, as well as local municipal representatives, including Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre and the mayor of São Paulo, Mr. Fernando Haddad.
The all-day conference includes:
- Registration (8 to 9 a.m.) and Opening Address: (9 to 9:30 a.m.), D.B. Clarke Theatre
- Panel Discussion featuring local and international municipal representatives: 9:30-11AM, DB Clarke Theatre. 6 Montreal mayors from local boroughs, as well as invited guest Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre (TBC), Executive Committee Member on sustainable development, Mr. Réal Ménard, and Mayor of São Paulo, Mr. Fernando Haddad.
- Showcasing of the Loyola Sustainability Research Centre: 11:30AM-1PM, DB Clarke Theatre and foyer. Professor Panel and Graduate Poster Presentations.
- NGO Fair and Public Engagement Component: 1-4PM, Hall-763, H-765, H-767.
- Keynote Address: Holly Dressel, and Gala Dinner (Invite only): 5-8:30PM, MB Goodwin Institute Dining Hall.
Conference: Friday, March 7, 2014 from 8 a.m. to5 p.m.
Keynote Address and Gala Dinner (Invite Only): 5-8:30 p.m.
8 a.m. to 1 p.m.: D.B. Clarke Theatre, Henry F. Hall Building (1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W.), Sir George Williams Campus
1 to 5 p.m.: Rooms H-767, H-765, and H-763, Henry F. Hall Building (1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W.), Sir George Williams Campus
5 to 8:30 p.m. Goodwin Institute Dining Hall, John Molson School of Business Building (1450 Guy St.), Sir George Williams Campus