JMSB LIFE orientation is especially designed for international students who are new to the John Molson School of Business and to Montreal. This very informative program is offered twice per year.
You will meet other international students, senior students, professors and staff. The orientation includes academic workshops as well as many fun activities.
Workshops and fun activities
• In-class ice-breaker activities
• Quebec culture: Our history and tradition
• Academic integrity and the Code of Conduct
• Classroom etiquette: DO's and DON’Ts
• Student Success Centre – University resources available to help you succeed
• Health Services – keeping you healthy
• Individual academic advising – What courses should I take? Am I taking the right courses?
• JMSB LIFE barbecue picnic and games with senior JMSB students
• Cocktail reception
Who? What? Where? When? Why?
We know how daunting it can be arriving to a new city and to a new school. To help you transition, we have established a buddy system which involves pairing a group of international students with a group of senior local students for one term. It’s a great and fun way to get to know JMSB and Montreal more quickly and to develop cross-cultural friendships that can extend beyond your time at the JMSB.
Session for parents
We also offer a session for parents or guardians of international students. Presentation by academic advisors and health professionals are geared to respond to specific concerns and questions that parents may have. The sessions are followed by a luncheon with other parents, academic staff and advisors.
See a sample schedule.