JMSB LIFE orientation is especially designed for international students who are new to the John Molson School of Business and to Montreal. This very informative program is offered twice yearly.
You will meet other international students, senior students, professors and staff. The orientation includes academic workshops as well as many fun activities.
Workshops and fun activities
- In-class ice-breaker activities
- Quebec culture: Our history and tradition
- Academic integrity and the Code of Conduct
- Classroom etiquette: DO's and DON’Ts
- Student Success Centre – University resources available to help you succeed
- Health Services – keeping you healthy
- Individual academic advising – What courses should I take? Am I taking the right courses?
- Lunch with classmates and senior graduate students
Who? What? Where? When? Why?
We know how daunting it can be arriving to a new city and to a new school. To help you transition, we have established a buddy system which involves pairing a group of international students with a group of senior local students for one term. It’s a great and fun way to get to know JMSB and Montreal more quickly and to develop cross-cultural friendships that can extend beyond your time at the JMSB.