Physical Territorial Recognition: Pilgrimage from Kahnawà:ke to Montreal
Presented as part of the Theology in the City 2019 conference.
Tiohtiá:ke — that is Montreal — is historically known as a gathering place for many First Nations. We begin Theology in the City by making our way from Kahnawà:ke to this gathering place, Tiohtiá:ke. Along the nine-hour trek, we hope to share stories about what brings us together, about our fear, our hope, and about resilience.
- Meet at 2140 Bishop St. at 7 a.m.
- Transportation provided to Kanhawà:ke
- Breakfast in Kanhawà:ke (not provided)
- Then the long walk back to Montreal (yes, this will indeed be a walk, so please ensure you are feeling physically fit enough to participate!)
- Bring your lunch for the walk!
- Arrival at Concordia at 7:30 p.m.
Please be advised that this event requires a waiver signature. Please either e-mail your signed waiver form or be prepared to sign a waiver at the event.