Panel Discussion - Artificial Intelligence: Friend or Foe?
This panel will be centered on the ethical implications and changes in the labor market caused by artificial intelligence (AI). The budding technology of automation will completely shift the landscape of the job market. For students, in particular, it is essential to understand how one’s career path will be impacted by these rapid changes. In addition, ethical issues surrounding AI including bias, wealth distribution, unemployment, and socio-economic impact will be discussed.
Moderator: Ikram Mecheri, risk advisory consultant at Deloitte.
Our panelists will include:
- Xavier-Henri Hervé: Co-Founder of District 3 Innovation Centre
- Caroline Bourbonnière: Communications and public affairs representative from Element AI
- Abhishek Gupta: AI ethics researcher from Mcgill University
- Sydney Swaine-Simon: AI expert at District 3 Innovation Centre
- Kai Hsin- Hung: Consultant at the International Training Centre for the ILO
Event organized by: Anastasiia Semenchenko, Elizabeth Tasong, Imane Keddam, Noah Burnett Rooney.
Visit the event Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1812678409034206/