The Department of Political Science, in collaboration with the Institute for the Study of International Development at McGill University, present the First Concordia-McGill Universities African Studies Conference.
Under the theme Deconstructing and Reconstructing Africa: Politics, Society and Economics, this conference brings together Africanists from around the world to discuss the prospects and challenges of sustainable development in Africa.
The conference panels include:
· Gender Issues in African Politics
· Regime Dynamics in Africa
· Issues in Electoral Politics in Africa
· Conflict and Security in Africa
· Africa and the Rest of the World
· African History, Society and Environment
· Natural Resource Governance and Public Policy in Africa