Diploma in Graphic Applications in Desktop Publishing
WHY THIS PROGRAM?
It's no secret to anyone: we're living in a digital age and nowhere is that clearer than visual communications and graphic design. This program, taught by industry professionals, will give you the understanding and the skills you need to take your place in an ad agency, a graphic design or website creation firm, a publishing company or any other related field. You'll learn the basics of graphic design and visual identity. You'll learn how to create digital illustrations, page layouts and multi-page documents. Graphic user interface (GUI) and user experience (UX) will become valuable tools of your trade. In all, there are ten courses to choose from as you work towards exploring and expressing your digital creativity.
This program is a great way to:
• Understand the fundamentals of graphic communication and design;
• Understand the power of colour, type and image;
• Identify and understand the fundamentals of branding strategies;
• Create visual identities;
• Prepare complex documents with multiple pages;
• Learn how to use Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and DreamWeaver;
• Increase your ability to express yourself creatively in a digital medium;
• Learn the basics of HTML5, CSS3, jQuery and Java script;
• Understand and apply user experience design;
• Prepare UX designs for websites, tablets, phones, watches and TVs.
In this program, you'll gain real-world knowledge and industry insights through lectures from experienced pros who'll show you the ropes. More excitingly, you'll learn through hands-on projects using the most powerful equipment and the very latest software. You can't get skills like this from YouTube.
WHO BENEFITS THE MOST?
• Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of desktop publishing.
• Students who want to work in advertising, animation, graphic design, illustration, printmaking, page layout and digital publication.
• Anyone interested in updating their professional portfolio with the latest design trends.
• Students looking onward to an academic path in design.
• Employees in marketing, communications or sales who want to refresh their skills or are open new horizons.
• Small business owners or association members who manage their own communications.
• Exhibition designers, fine artists, interior designers, landscape architects, multimedia specialists, photographers and UX designers could also greatly benefit from courses in this program.
*** Offered in WINTER (15-Jan-2018 to 23-Mar-2018) Fee: $5,335
*** Offered in SPRING (03-Apr-2018 to 15-Jun-2018) Fee: $5,335
*** Offered in FALL (17-Sep-2018 to 23-Nov-2018) Fee: TBA
*** Offered in WINTER (14-Jan-2019 to 22-Mar-2019) Fee: TBA
*** Offered in SPRING (01-Apr-2019 to 07-Jun-2019) Fee: TBA
To qualify for this diploma students must successfully complete the following courses:
Students must complete the 11 course(s) listed below:
|CEDP 110||GRAPHIC DESIGN I|
|CEDP 150||ADOBE INDESIGN I|
|CEDP 155||ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR I - DIGITAL ILLUSTRATION|
|CEDP 170||WEB DESIGN I ON THE MAC|
|CEDP 210||GRAPHIC DESIGN II|
|CEDP 250||ADOBE INDESIGN II|
|CEDP 255||ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR II - DIGITAL ILLUSTRATION|
|CEDP 270||WEB DESIGN II ON THE MAC|
|CEDP 365||USER INTERFACE DESIGN WITH ADOBE PHOTOSHOP|
|CEDP 380||ADOBE INDESIGN III : DIGITAL PUBLICATION|
|CEPH 219||PHOTOSHOP I & II - DIGITAL DIMENSIONS|