Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Learn about the charter market and the role of the charterparty;
• Familiarize yourself with voyage estimation principles;
• Gain knowledge of marine insurance and agency contracts;
• Understand concepts like freight, hire and laytime;
• Examine contracts of affreightment and other types of chartering.
Our approachThis course is taught by an industry professional who takes an integrative approach to learning that is collaborative, experiential and student-centered. Real-world examples are used to bring topics to life. Participation is one of your keys to success.
Who benefits the most?• Students who completed CESF 409 and want to continue their studies.
• Anyone who wants to start a career in shipping or chartering.
• Anyone fascinated by the commercial aspects of shipping.
Important detailsThis course is given either in an in-class or an on-line format. Make sure to check the section. "OL" sections indicate an on-line course.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
© Concordia University