COMMERCIAL & CONTRACTUAL ASPECTS OF SHIPPING
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Learn about international contracts and their role in shipping;
• Familiarize yourself with contracts of carriage and bills of lading;
• Gain knowledge of marine insurance and agency contracts;
• Understand the rules governing the carriage of goods by sea;
• Examine carrier issues, the Marine Liability Act and related subjects.
Our approachThis course is taught by an industry professional who takes an integrative approach to learning that is collaborative, experiential and student-centered. Real-world examples are used to bring topics to life. Participation is one of your keys to success.
Who benefits the most?• Students who completed CESF 309 and want to continue their studies.
• Anyone who wants to start a career in shipping or marine insurance.
• Import/Export workers who want to broaden their understanding of shipping.
• Anyone fascinated by the commercial aspects of shipping.
Important detailsThis course is given either in an in-class or an on-line format. Make sure to check the section. "OL" sections indicate an on-line course.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
© Concordia University