INTRODUCTION TO SHIPPING
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Learn about international trade and the need for shipping;
• Familiarize yourself with geography and trade routes;
• Gain knowledge of the dry bulk, liquid bulk and container trades;
• Understand ship registration, flag states and coastal states;
• Appreciate the need for sustainability in shipping.
Our approachThis course is taught by an industry professional who takes an integrative approach to learning that is collaborative, experiential and student-centered. Real-world examples are used to bring topics to life. Participation is one of your keys to success.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants an introduction to the world of shipping.
• Anyone who wants to start a career in shipping.
• Import/Export workers who want to broaden their understanding of shipping.
• Manufacturers or business people who need to ship their goods overseas and want to better understand the business.
• Anyone fascinated by commercial marine transportation.
Important detailsThis course is given either in an in-class or an on-line format. Make sure to check the section. "OL" sections indicate an on-line course.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
© Concordia University