Strategies for Effective Decision-Making
Your take-awayThis workshop will empower you to:
• Understand how reasoning occurs and identify it in all areas of your work;
• Implement your new knowledge and tools to help minimize errors;
• Recognize when quick, gut-feeling decisions are appropriate and when a more reasoned approach is required;
• Apply strategies to identify and correct situations where flawed reasoning has occurred;
• Become more reflective in your decision-making and learn how to "think about your thinking."
Our approachThis workshop is based on an optimized practical approach that mixes active learning and theory with workplace applications, hands-on exercises, group activities and role-playing. In short, you’ll learn by doing and sharing. A needs assessment will be conducted prior to the workshop to tailor the content to the group.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to understand how reasoning affects their decision-making process.
• Managers, employees, entrepreneurs, students, the self-employed or anyone else who wants to improve their ability to make the right decision.
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and offered on the date of your choosing, in your office or in one of our campus locations.
Important details1) Registration fee includes course materials, lunch and refreshments.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
Your trainerDr. Julie Desmeules, M.D.
Julie Desmeules is a family physician and medical educator. After completing her medical training at McGill University, she has practised medicine throughout Québec in the ER, hospital and office settings. She now works in a family-medicine teaching clinic where she is the local program director for the residency program. In her 20 years as a physician, teaching medical students and residents how to apply their knowledge and understand their reasoning and thought processes has always been an important part of her work. Julie also leads clinical-reasoning workshops for medical students and oversees educational programs for residents and participates in faculty development for new professors. She's involved in continuing professional development at a local, provincial and national levels as an accreditor and consultant and she's thrilled to be offering this workshop for CCE.
© Concordia University