How to transition from team member to team leader
Your take-awayThis 2-Day workshop will empower you to:
• Develop your managerial skills;
• Learn concrete methodology to boost performance and motivation in your teams;
• Acquire the skill set and plans of action you need to become a better supervisor;
• Practice self awareness and active listening.
Our approachThis workshop is based on an optimized practical approach that mixes active learning, self-assessment activities, demonstrations and individual exercises. In short, you’ll learn by doing and sharing.
Who benefits the most?• Employees who want to further their careers.
• Employees that will soon be promoted to a management position within an organization.
• Entrepreneurs who want to better manage employees.
• Managers who want to improve their skills.
• Employers who want to give their employees a great learning opportunity that will contribute to the success of their organization.
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and offered on the date of your choosing, in your office or in one of our campus locations.
Important details1) This is a 2-Day workshop
2) Registration fee includes course materials, lunch and refreshments.
3) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
Concordia students save 10%
Students who have completed at least one full academic term of study at Concordia University prior to the date they register for a Continuing Education workshops or students who have completed a Continuing Education workshops prior to the date they register for another Continuing Education workshop will benefit from a 10% discount on workshop fees and taxes.
Your trainerSophie Lemieux, MBA, C.Adm., C.M.C.
Management Consultant and President of Solem Management, Sophie is a member of the Chartered Administrators of Quebec. She holds an MBA, as well as C.M.C. (Certified Management Consultant) and an RCCTM (Registered Corporate CoachTM ) titles. She has more than 15 years of experience in management (coaching, management of multidisciplinary teams, project management, training and business development). Her leadership style is focused on positivism, dynamism, active listening, healthy stress management and adaptability. Sophie is perfectly bilingual, extremely well organized, focusing on value-added processes and she loves new challenges.
Your trainerKathryn Peterson, Adm. A.
Kathryn Peterson holds a B.A. in psycho education and has 14 years of experience working as a counselor with individuals and groups dealing with drug and alcohol addiction, gambling and homelessness.
She is accredited to facilitate and distribute four internationally acclaimed training programs: Think On Your Feet®, Skilled Presenter™, HBDI® and Spark Engagement!™.
As a trainer, coach and keynote speaker for the last nine years, Kathryn’s topics are communication and presentation skills, stress management, difficult personalities and emotional intelligence. Kathryn has facilitated hundreds of workshops in Canada, the United States and Europe in French and English.
© Concordia University