Building your coaching and mentoring skills
Your take-awayThis workshop will empower you to:
• Gain a better understanding of effective mentoring and coaching skills and the fundamental differences between them;
• Understand how those two disciplines can build trust and collaborative relationships in your workplace;
• Improve awareness of your own coaching style;
• Build your skills in giving constructive and positive feedback;
• Work with an effective coaching model.
Our approachThis workshop is based on an optimized practical approach that mixes active learning, self-assessment activities, demonstrations and individual exercises. In short, you’ll learn by doing and sharing.
Who benefits the most?• Managers who want to give more effective feedback to employees
• Individuals who are interested in better understanding themselves as coaches/mentors
We're flexible. That means workshops can be customized for corporate groups and offered on the date of your choosing, in your office or in one of our campus locations.
Important details1) Registration fee includes course materials, lunch and refreshments.
2) In the event we don’t have enough participants, the workshop will be cancelled and you will, of course, be reimbursed in full.
Concordia students save 10%
Students who have completed at least one full academic term of study at Concordia University prior to the date they register for a Continuing Education workshops or students who have completed a Continuing Education workshops prior to the date they register for another Continuing Education workshop will benefit from a 10% discount on workshop fees and taxes.
Your trainerJane Reichman Van Toch, BCL., LL. B, MA
Jane Reichman Van Toch is a specialist in strengthening individual, team and organizational performance. She has over 25 years of professional practice within private and public organizations and institutions of higher education. She began her career as a practicing lawyer in the private sector, later transitioning to the role of educator/consultant in the areas of leadership, emotional intelligence and organizational development. Today, Jane provides training in leadership, emotional intelligence, performance management, coaching and mentoring, change management, conflict management, stress management, group dynamics and facilitation and teamwork. Let Jane coach you so you can coach others.
© Concordia University