EFFECTIVE PUBLIC SPEAKING
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Create and present a speech on how to inform and convince;
• Understand how to use the power of storytelling to develop compelling presentations;
• Demonstrate effective evaluation and constructive criticism;
• Understand and integrate the steps required to deliver a clearly organized speech;
• Learn the techniques to create and deliver an effective sales pitch;
• Learn how to integrate research into a speech and how to properly use visual aids.
Our approachThis course brings PR to life through active learning to simulate interconnected, real-world cases, assignments, discussions with the instructor and peers .
Who benefits the most?• Students exploring studies and/or careers in media, advertising or public relations.
• C-suite executives who need to lead teams and have them buy into the company's direction.
• Managers who want to better communicate with their departments.
• Researchers who need to present their research to their peers and the public.
• Anyone who wants to improve their ability to present with ease and conviction.
• Entrepreneurs who need to sell their ideas and passion to raise venture capital.
• Corporate employees who want to climb the corporate ladder into management.
• Second language speakers of English who want to brush up on their speaking skills.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University