INTRO TO PUBLIC RELATIONS
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Understand the difference between PR and marketing;
• Conduct a SWOT analysis;
• Understand the elements of the PR formula - RACE;
• Conduct a thorough analysis of a client and create a backgrounder;
• Write an effective press release with appropriate subject headings;
• Learn how to integrate social media into PR campaigns;
• Recognize the role of ethics and integrity in PR practice;
• Define and demonstrate a thorough understanding of PR.
Our approachThis program brings PR to life through active learning to simulate interconnected, real-world cases, featuring leading PR guest speakers, team projects and group activities. If you've got spin, this is your chance to use it.
Who benefits the most?• Students exploring studies and/or careers in media, advertising or public relations.
• Anyone who wants to quickly grasp PR principles without lengthy theories.
• Anyone who works in HR or manages other employees or teams.
• C-Suite executives who need to find new ways to get buy-in.
• Business leaders or politicians who need to sway public opinion.
• Entrepreneurs who need to sell their ideas and passion to VCs.
• Managers who want to improve communication and efficiency.
• Corporate employees who want to move into management.
• Anyone who works in media, advertising or PR and wants to broaden their skill-set.
• Employees in marketing, communications or sales.
• Copywriters who want to refine their skills for specific media.
• Anyone considering a career in the public sector or politics.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
© Concordia University