CAMERA I - VISUAL COMMUNICATIONS
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Acquire basic knowledge about the operation of a camera;
• Experiment with photography for visual investigation and artistic creation;
• Familiarize yourself with a wide variety of works from well-known photographers;
• Learn about digital imaging and advertising;
• Become familiar with a range of photographic techniques;
• Gain confidence critiquing photos and supporting your point of view.
Our approachIn this course, slide shows will give you the chance to view, reflect upon and discuss a wide range of photographic works. You'll also have plenty of hands-on learning with cameras as you explore your creative potential.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of photography.
• Anyone who wants to put photography into a social context.
• Artists who want to expand their creative horizons.
• Art students who want to broaden their capacity for creative expression.
• Anyone who is contemplating a career in photography.
• Anyone looking for a new hobby.
Important detailsStudents are required to have their own digital single lens reflex, 35mm or medium-format 120 camera.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
© Concordia University