Start Up Your Online Business
This is the first course in the Digital Entrepreneurship Diploma pathway.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Identify a market opportunity through primary and secondary research and understand the business environment for your chosen product or service;
• Develop a marketing plan: identify products or services, determine pricing, build a distribution plan, and choose appropriate promotional techniques;
• Chart a competitive position within the market;
• Design a business model and determine the economics of the business;
• Choose an appropriate form of business (partnership, corporation, etc.);
• Build an operations plan;
• Apply basic techniques of project management and inventory control.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. Participation is paramount in this blended course of in-class and online instruction.
Who benefits the most?• Students pursuing a Diploma in Entrepreneurship.
• Anyone who wants to know what it takes to start a successful e-commerce business, add an online store to an existing business, set up an e-service business or create a content site.
• Anyone who has tried to start their own business only to realize they need professional education and guidance.
• Any employee who wants to broaden their career horizons.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University