Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Respond to the needs of the audience (including workplace diversity) in terms of employing appropriate format and tone;
• Apply principles of effective business writing to compose memos, emails, letters, and reports;
• Create and deliver a short oral presentation;
• Evaluate the effectiveness of various communication modes.
Our approachGiven the nature of the course, the focus here is on oral and written communication. We'll keep you busy with lectures, workshops, presentations, interviews and readings on the latest business topics. The single most defining word of this course: professionalism.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who needs to effectively communicate in a workplace setting.
• Students following an academic path in business or who plan a career in business.
• Anyone who wants an introduction to business communication.
• Any employee who wants to differentiate him/herself and move up in the business world.
• Anyone struggling with writing and speaking in their current job.
• Foreign business students who want to improve their understanding of business communication in North America.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
© Concordia University