Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Respond to the needs of the audience (including workplace diversity) in terms of employing appropriate format and tone;
• Apply principles of effective business writing to compose memos, emails, letters, and reports;
• Create and deliver a short oral presentation;
• Evaluate the effectiveness of various communication modes.
Our approachGiven the nature of the course, the focus here is on oral and written communication. We'll keep you busy with lectures, workshops, presentations, interviews and readings on the latest business topics. The single most defining word of this course: professionalism.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who needs to effectively communicate in a workplace setting.
• Students following an academic path in business or who plan a career in business.
• Anyone who wants an introduction to business communication.
• Any employee who wants to differentiate him/herself and move up in the business world.
• Anyone struggling with writing and speaking in their current job.
• Foreign business students who want to improve their understanding of business communication in North America.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University