ANDROID: INTRO TO MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Set up and understand your Android Development Environment;
• Work with the all-important Activity Class and its life-cycle-implementing intents and permissions;
• Run multiple activities with the Fragment Class and its lifecycle;
• Work with screen configurations and multiple screen sizes;
• Create user interfaces to make your apps run smoothly;
• Use Android localization features.
Our approachIn this program, you'll delve into the world of Java, led by engaging industry experts who'll guide you through active-learning assignments and projects while encouraging you to get enthusiastically involved in class discussions. Success here requires active participation and a commitment to writing code and solving problems. You should expect to be very hands-on.
Who benefits the most?• Students who have completed CEWP 329 and CEJV 569 and want to continue their studies.
• Anyone who wants or needs to learn the fundamentals of programming.
• Graduate students who need develop software as part of their course work or thesis.
• Students in any university program who wish to acquire practical and hands-on skills in programming.
• Web Designers, UX Designers and Quality Assurance Specialists who want to better understand the software development process.
• Developers currently working in another programming language who want to learn Java in an instructor-led setting.
• Developers who want to expand their knowledge of Java in an instructor-led setting.
Important detailsStudents will be required to have an Android device, such as a phone or tablet, that run Android OS version 4.1
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
|CEJV 569||DESKTOP APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT WITH JAVA|
|CEWP 329||HTML5 AND CASCADING STYLE SHEETS|
© Concordia University