Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Understand the essence of a story;
• Create a roadmap for your script;
• Learn the principles of character development;
• Hone your instinct to question your characters and plot;
• Learn how to build conflict, work up to a climax and create resolution;
• Gain practice writing specifically for television;
• Critique your own work and that of your peers;
• Organize a successful pitch.
Our approachThis is a writing class, so you'll be doing a lot of it. There will also be workshops, exercises, group discussions, presentations and critiques. Enthusiastic participation and effort are the keys to enjoyment and success in this course.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone considering a career in writing for cinema or television or the web.
• Creative writing students who want to broaden their range of expression.
• Advertising copywriters who want to improve their storytelling skills.
• Retirees or busy professionals who want a creative outlet.
• Anyone with a story to tell.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
© Concordia University