WRITING YOUR MEMOIR
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Write a compelling story about your own life based on a particular angle;
• Properly employ various literary devices and techniques;
• Create believable characters and dialogue;
• Use descriptive language;
• Plot a longer piece using a narrative arc;
• Format your writing for submission to publishers/agents/editors, including a query letter and an outline;
• Critique your work and your classmates work thoughtfully and constructively.
Our approachThis is a writing class, so you'll be doing a lot of it. You'll also learn through interactive workshops, exercises, group discussions, and assignments. Enthusiastic participation and effort are the keys to enjoyment and success in this course.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.
• Anyone considering a career as a writer.
• Fiction writers who want to learn how to write in a new format.
• Advertising copywriters who want to branch out into other forms of writing.
• Retirees who want to share the story of their lives.
• Foreign students who want to improve their written English.
• Anyone with a story to tell.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
© Concordia University