Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Research a potential travel story with a specific angle;
• Gain understanding of how to work with travel/media professionals;
• Market yourself successfully as a travel writer;
• Pitch your idea to an editor and complete the assignment.
Our approachThis is a writing class, so you'll be doing a lot of it. You'll also learn through interactive workshops, exercises, group discussions, and assignments. Enthusiastic participation and effort are the keys to enjoyment and success in this course.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.
• Anyone considering a career as a writer.
• Anyone considering a career in journalism.
• Fiction writers who want to learn how to write in a new format.
• Travelers who want to learn how to tell the stories of their journeys.
• Advertising copywriters who want to branch out into other forms of writing.
• Foreign students who want to improve their written English.
• Retirees or busy executives who want to try something new to balance out their lives.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
© Concordia University