Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Employ elements of the genre, including scene-setting, description, dialogue, and narrative arc;
• Explore the publication market for creative non-fiction through in-class presentations of publications or genres;
• Critique your own and other students’ work within the context of in-class workshops;
• Conceive, plot, develop and write one significant piece of writing in one of the many sub-genres of creative non-fiction, with potential for publication;
• Manage and adhere to deadlines;
Our approachThis is a writing class, so you'll be doing a lot of it. You'll also learn through interactive workshops, exercises, group discussions, and assignments. Enthusiastic participation and effort are the keys to enjoyment and success in this course.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.
• Anyone considering a career as a writer.
• Anyone considering a career in journalism.
• Fiction writers who want to learn how to write in a new format.
• Advertising copywriters who want to branch out into other forms of writing.
• Foreign students who want to improve their written English.
• Retirees or busy executives who want to try something new to balance out their lives.
• Anyone with a story to tell.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University