BASIC EDITING PRACTICES
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Master the techniques of editing copy for media, trade journals, in-house publications and websites;
• Appreciate the steps involved in publishing a document;
• Focus on content, grammar, word economy, structure, style, judgment and page layout.
Our approachThis is an editing class, so you'll be doing a lot of it. There will also be workshops, exercises, group discussions and presentations. Enthusiastic participation and effort are the keys to enjoyment and success in this course.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.
• Anyone considering a career as an editor in print or online.
• Writers who want to hone their skills.
• Anyone who wants to learn more about publishing a document.
• Entrepreneurs who manage their own communications.
• Foreign students who want to improve their written English.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
© Concordia University