ENGLISH INTENSIVE ADVANCED ONE
You now have a strong foundation in listening, speaking, reading and writing. You're also quite comfortable with challenging topics and material. But you're not going to stop now, are you? Good, because it's time to get down to business. This course focuses on lively debates and persuasion through individual and panel presentations. You'll conduct interviews outside the classroom then present your findings in class. You'll study topics related to the workplace, education and community, refining the skills you'll need to function in a university or professional setting. The Advanced One Course will be a breakthrough in understanding the role English will play in your life and career. It's also the last step in your preparation for your last course and your certificate of competency.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Develop critical listening skills and strategies in a real-world context;
• Speak with fluency and clarity on a variety of academic and professional topics;
• Construct sentences with correct word order, spelling and punctuation;
• Write short essays with well-developed, well-organized paragraphs;
• Gain confidence living and working in English;
• Broaden your academic, social and professional horizons;
• Have the intercultural experience of a lifetime;
• Work towards meeting the language-proficiency requirements to enter Concordia University.
Our approachThis program takes an integrative approach to language learning that is collaborative, experiential, student-centered and community-based. In short, you’ll learn by doing, sharing, exchanging and… living in English.
Who benefits the most?• Advanced speakers who want to improve their English.
• Students who want to work towards their certificate of proficiency.
• Students who want to go on to university in North America.
• People trying to enter the job market or improve their employment opportunities.
• Anyone who wants to discover the English culture in Canada.
Important detailsA placement test will be given prior to registration to ensure you end up in the course that's right for you.
The program is offered 4 times a year (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer)
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
|CEEI 610||ENGLISH INTENSIVE INTERMEDIATE TWO|
© Concordia University