ENGLISH INTENSIVE INTERMEDIATE TWO
This course is your first major step towards competency in academic or professional English. Here, you'll examine social and cultural issues. You'll step outside the classroom to conduct surveys. And you'll use input from sources like the TED talks to do research and conduct discussions and presentations on topics such as addiction, health, workplace issues and more. If you want to further your studies in university or simply further your life in a professional field, this course is a must.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Refine your English to succeed in university or the workplace;
• Discuss topics of current interest in a thoughtful manner;
• Communicate spontaneously in a variety of contexts outside the classroom;
• Construct sentences with correct word order, spelling and punctuation;
• Write short essays with well-developed, well-organized paragraphs;
• Gain confidence living and working in English;
• Broaden your academic, social and professional horizons;
• Have the intercultural experience of a lifetime;
• Work towards meeting the language-proficiency requirements to enter Concordia University.
Our approachThis program takes an integrative approach to language learning that is collaborative, experiential, student-centered and community-based. In short, you’ll learn by doing, sharing, exchanging and… living in English.
Who benefits the most?• High-intermediate speakers who want to improve their English.
• Students who want to work towards their certificate of proficiency.
• Students who want to go on to university in North America.
• People trying to enter the job market or improve their employment opportunities.
• Anyone who wants to discover the English culture in Canada.
Important detailsA placement test will be given prior to registration to ensure you end up in the course that's right for you.
The program is offered 4 times a year (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer)
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
|CEEI 510||ENGLISH INTENSIVE INTERMEDIATE ONE|
© Concordia University