ENGLISH INTENSIVE INTERMEDIATE TWO
This course is your first major step towards competency in academic or professional English. Here, you'll examine social and cultural issues. You'll step outside the classroom to conduct surveys. And you'll use input from sources like the TED talks to do research and conduct discussions and presentations on topics such as addiction, health, workplace issues and more. If you want to further your studies in university or simply further your life in a professional field, this course is a must.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Refine your English to succeed in university or the workplace;
• Discuss topics of current interest in a thoughtful manner;
• Communicate spontaneously in a variety of contexts outside the classroom;
• Construct sentences with correct word order, spelling and punctuation;
• Write short essays with well-developed, well-organized paragraphs;
• Gain confidence living and working in English;
• Broaden your academic, social and professional horizons;
• Have the intercultural experience of a lifetime;
• Work towards meeting the language-proficiency requirements to enter Concordia University.
Our approachThis program takes an integrative approach to language learning that is collaborative, experiential, student-centered and community-based. In short, you’ll learn by doing, sharing, exchanging and… living in English.
Who benefits the most?• High-intermediate speakers who want to improve their English.
• Students who want to work towards their certificate of proficiency.
• Students who want to go on to university in North America.
• People trying to enter the job market or improve their employment opportunities.
• Anyone who wants to discover the English culture in Canada.
Important detailsA placement test will be given prior to registration to ensure you end up in the course that's right for you.
The program is offered 4 times a year (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer)
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
|CEEI 510||ENGLISH INTENSIVE INTERMEDIATE ONE|
© Concordia University