ENGLISH INTENSIVE ELEMENTARY TWO
This is step two on your road to becoming more competent in English. And as you move through the course, you'll hone your ability to speak about everyday situations and on topics of current interest. In other words, you'll be able to communicate the way you want to. Readings and simple books of general interest will help you build your vocabulary in preparation for living outside the classroom and moving on to the next course, as you work towards your certificate of proficiency.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Improve note-taking from listening and reading;
• Increase your ability to speak with ease and confidence;
• Read more quickly and efficiently;
• Speak about a topic or give an opinion with explanations;
• Identify and correct common grammatical errors;
• Gain confidence living and working in English;
• Broaden your academic, social and professional horizons;
• Have the intercultural experience of a lifetime;
• Work towards meeting the language-proficiency requirements to enter Concordia University.
Our approachThis program takes an integrative approach to language learning that is collaborative, experiential, student-centered and community-based. In short, you’ll learn by doing, sharing, exchanging and… living in English.
Who benefits the most?• Elementary-level speakers who want to improve their English.
• Students who want to work towards their certificate of proficiency.
• Students who want to go on to university in North America.
• People trying to enter the job market or improve their employment opportunities.
• Anyone who wants to discover the English culture in Canada.
Important detailsA placement test will be given prior to registration to ensure you end up in the course that's right for you.
The program is offered 4 times a year (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer)
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
|CEEI 310||ENGLISH INTENSIVE ELEMENTARY ONE|
© Concordia University