ENGLISH INTENSIVE ELEMENTARY TWO
This is step two on your road to becoming more competent in English. And as you move through the course, you'll hone your ability to speak about everyday situations and on topics of current interest. In other words, you'll be able to communicate the way you want to. Readings and simple books of general interest will help you build your vocabulary in preparation for living outside the classroom and moving on to the next course, as you work towards your certificate of proficiency.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Improve note-taking from listening and reading;
• Increase your ability to speak with ease and confidence;
• Read more quickly and efficiently;
• Speak about a topic or give an opinion with explanations;
• Identify and correct common grammatical errors;
• Gain confidence living and working in English;
• Broaden your academic, social and professional horizons;
• Have the intercultural experience of a lifetime;
• Work towards meeting the language-proficiency requirements to enter Concordia University.
Our approachThis program takes an integrative approach to language learning that is collaborative, experiential, student-centered and community-based. In short, you’ll learn by doing, sharing, exchanging and… living in English.
Who benefits the most?• Elementary-level speakers who want to improve their English.
• Students who want to work towards their certificate of proficiency.
• Students who want to go on to university in North America.
• People trying to enter the job market or improve their employment opportunities.
• Anyone who wants to discover the English culture in Canada.
Important detailsA placement test will be given prior to registration to ensure you end up in the course that's right for you.
The program is offered 4 times a year (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer)
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
|CEEI 310||ENGLISH INTENSIVE ELEMENTARY ONE|
© Concordia University