ADOBE INDESIGN I
But how do you apply that knowledge when it comes time to create a document with numerous pages and differing layouts? You guessed it: with Adobe InDesign. This leading-edge software package is poised to become a standard in desktop publishing as it smoothly integrates Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat, enabling you to create professional-quality page layouts. In this course, you'll gain the knowledge and skills to produce a variety of documents like magazine layouts, pamphlets and brochures.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Learn how to integrate text and graphics;
• Gain skills using style sheets to create multi-page documents;
• Understand how to work with layers to produce print documents;
• Learn how to produce pamphlets, brochures and magazine layouts;
• Broaden your horizons in graphic arts fields.
Our approachIn this course, you'll gain real-world knowledge, experience and insights through lectures from experienced pros who'll show you the ropes. More excitingly, you'll learn through hands-on projects using the most powerful equipment and the very latest software. You can't get skills like this on YouTube.
Who benefits the most?• Anyone who wants to learn the fundamentals of desktop publishing.
• Students who want to work in advertising, animation, graphic design, illustration, printmaking, page layout and digital publication.
• Anyone interested in updating their professional portfolio with the latest design trends.
• Students looking onward to an academic path in design.
• Employees in marketing, communications or sales who want to refresh their skills or are open new horizons.
• Small business owners or association members who manage their own communications.
• Exhibition designers, fine artists, interior designers, landscape architects, multimedia specialists, photographers and UX designers could also greatly benefit from courses in this program.
Important detailsComputer knowledge and familiarity with Mac OSX is required to take this course.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
Find out more about the
- Diploma in Graphic Applications in Desktop Publishing (full-time intensive)
- Diploma in Graphic Applications in Desktop Publishing (part-time)
Find out more about the
- Diploma in Public Relations (full-time intensive)
- Diploma in Public Relations (part-time)
© Concordia University