Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Train, motivate and lead in a diverse workplace setting;
• Prepare for work in a company with opportunities to conduct business abroad;
• Employ appropriate and effective communication styles, given specific cultural contexts;
• Negotiate effectively in a cross-cultural teams or settings;
• Heighten awareness of cultural differences in working abroad;
• Anticipate and control for culture shock in the workplace.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. Besides, this course is blended, so you can take your learning to a new height with 10-hours of online content and interaction. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. Participation is paramount.
Who benefits the most?• Students who want an introduction to managing diversity in the workplace.
• Anyone working in or considering a career in HR or employee training.
• Students who want to pursue a career in any type of business.
• Students or employees who are planning a move to a new culture.
• Public speakers who want to better understand culturally diverse audiences.
• Anyone who has to negotiate with people from another culture.
• Foreign business-students who want to improve their North American business culture.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
© Concordia University