INTRO TO BUSINESS
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Explain the various business functions and how they relate to day-to-day activities of the organization
• Apply business concepts in a real-world managerial and/or entrepreneurial context;
• Analyze, plan for, and respond to the uncontrollable situations and events that impact an organization;
• Recognize and consider the ethical and social implications of decision-making.
Our approachAs in the workplace, teamwork is key here. Sure, there will be engaging assignments and activities, but you'll also form ad-hoc teams to discuss real-world subjects presented by business experts. You'll formulate strategies to solve problems or seize opportunities. Above all, you'll have ample chance to contribute personally to the process. Participation is paramount.
Who benefits the most?• Students who want an introduction to the essentials of business.
• Students who want to pursue a career in any type of business.
• Budding entrepreneurs who want to get off on the right foot.
• Anyone who wants to learn more about organizational structures.
• Foreign business students who want to improve their North American business vocabulary and understanding.
Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni, based on the information maintained by the Office of the Registrar, are waived from paying registration and late registration fees when enrolling for courses at Concordia Continuing Education. In addition, Concordia University Undergraduate and Graduate Alumni will receive a 10% reduction on their tuition fees. The Alumni discount is automatically calculated when students enroll on-line.
© Concordia University