Basic knowledge of statistics and probability is highly recommended. Note that you will be required to do 5-10 hours of work per week outside of class time. Those with little to no prior knowledge will require more time to gain familiarity with the concepts.
Your take-awayThis course is a great way to help you:
• Understand the broad classes of methods used to address big data challenges;
• Learn the main algorithms to implement those methods;
• Apply those algorithms on realistic problems using existing software libraries.
Our approachThis course employs project-based learning that's focused on the acquisition of practical, real-world skills and not just theory. You'll be taught in our computer labs by an industry pro using state-of-the-art technologies, software and equipment.
Who benefits the most?• Students who completed CEBD 1160 and want to continue their studies.
• Individuals who want to improve the performance of their organization by better harnessing Big Data.
• Professionals who want to leverage data for better decision-making.
• Entrepreneurs with projects that could benefit from data analytics.
• Students in fields like geography, biology, psychology, humanities or any other field with big data.
• IT professionals who want to transition to Big Data from more traditional sectors.
Concordia CCE Loyalty Discount
All students who meet at least one of the following conditions, will receive a 10% discount on their CCE course or workshop tuition fees:
1) Have completed a CCE, Undergraduate or Graduate course at Concordia University in a prior academic term;
2) Have completed a language proficiency test (IELTS) at CCE;
3) Have completed a CCE Professional Development Seminar/Workshop.
This discount is based on the information maintained in the Concordia University student information system.
NOTE: This discount does not apply to a language proficiency test enrollment (IELTS) nor to application fees for admission to a CCE program of study.
|CEBD 1160||INTRO TO BIG DATA TECHNOLOGY|
© Concordia University