Recreation & athletics
The Concordia Department of Recreation and Athletics' facilities can be found on both campuses.
The Department of Recreation and Athletics is enjoying a period of great growth and architects continue to plan for further expansion.
The Loyola campus facility is the focal point of Stingers varsity sports and intramural leagues.
- It also hosts a small number of instructional activities.
- The facility includes two full-length, state-of-the-art artificial playing surfaces with lighting, one of which is a 4000-seat stadium; the Ed Meagher Arena, a gymnasium and a modest weight room.
The Stinger Dome
- An air-supported structure allowing the university to run athletics and recreational activities year round on its south field.
- It measures 450 by 240 feet, allowing for a configuration of four mini-fields.
- The facility features sports such as soccer, rugby, football, ultimate and more.
- The Stinger Dome will operates from November to April.
Sir George Williams Campus
The Sir George Williams campus is the home of the new fitness centre – Le Gym - located on in the Engineering and Visuals Arts Pavilion.
- 10 000 square feet of training space.
- 75 state-of-the art cardio machines from Technogym, including 18 treadmills, 19 ellipticals, 10 upright life-cycles, 8 recumbent cycles, 5 Cardio Waves, 5 spinners on the floor (20 in the spinning room), & 10 rowers
- Technogym Kinesis, a revolutionary new system that allows the user to move three dimensionally to perform more than 500 movements.
- 75 strength stations featuring Atlantis equipment
- Trained and helpful staff present on the floor at all times.
- Personal training services.
- Towel service available.
- Wheelchair accessible.